Call For: Short film in response to
FUSION / COLLISION / TRANSLATION / ADAPTATION / TRANSITION
KALEJDOSKOP EAST-WEST is calling all artists, film-makers, creative practitioners and collectives of Western, Central, and Eastern European background to submit short videos responding to one (or more) of the following areas:
- Fusion / To make manifest of the cultural diversity of contemporary urban realities, and intervene in everyday life, work and social conditions, with contemporary arts.
- Collision / To provoke discussion, and be energised by the clash of ideas.
- Translation / Of the ordinary experiences of life of Eastern/Central Europeans living in Western Europe and vice versa.
- Adaptation / Illustrating different ways of adaptation through artistic practices – the use of arts as social intervention and as international relations.
- Transition / Of contributing to a new impetus for cultural democracy in the city, and defining roles for art in the city’s development – on its own terms.
KALEJDOSKOP EAST-WEST is interested in your own interpretation of the above, with input of your cultural identity and artistic practice. We want to open a platform for local artists and communities to experience different narratives. The open call aims to initiate a dialogue between east and west through visual means and social engagement.
SUBMISSION OPENS: 1 March 2016
DEADLINE: 30 June 2016
Find out more and submit: http://kalejdoskopeastwest.org.uk/film